"Protect your world"
Do I really need Critical Illness coverage?
Few of us want to contemplate the reality of being diagnosed with a serious illness. Even fewer of us have given any thought to how we'd cope financially. And although the odds of surviving a critical illness are better than ever, consider these statistics*:
- An estimated 177,800 new cases of cancer occurred in Canada in 2011. Approximately one in two Canadians will develop cancer; three in four will survive.
- Heart attacks strike 70,000 Canadians each year.
- Strokes hit 50,000 Canadians each year.
- Over 13,000 Canadians undergo surgery every year to replace aortic valves.
- Nine in ten Canadians (90%) have at least one risk factor for heart disease or stroke.
Living with a critical illness can be a huge challenge - not only physically and emotionally - but also financially. During your recovery, you may end up having to pay for healthcare services, special drugs and supplements, and homecare expenses not covered by your government health insurance plan. You might even have to travel, to get the medical attention you need. Add all of this to your regular household bills, and the financial consequences of surviving a serious illness could add up very quickly.
You can't predict the future, but you can be prepared for it!
With a Critical Illness insurance plan, you'll have the security of knowing that should you be diagnosed with a covered illness or condition, you'll qualify to receive a one-time, lump-sum benefit, paid directly to you, to spend however you wish.
So you'll have fewer financial worries and be able to focus on what's really important - making a full and speedy recovery.